Every business faces the risk of being sued at some point. Whether it’s a disgruntled employee, a customer who alleges harm, or a competitor who claims unfair business practices, litigation can be costly and time-consuming. That’s where litigation defense attorneys come in.
Interest: Litigation defense attorneys specialize in representing employers in lawsuits. They have the knowledge and experience to protect your business from legal threats and to minimize the impact of any litigation that does occur.
Here are just a few of the ways that litigation defense attorneys can help your business:
- Represent you in all phases of litigation, from pre-trial discovery to trial and appeal
- Negotiate settlements on your behalf
- Advise you on compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Develop and implement risk management strategies
If you are facing a lawsuit, or if you are simply concerned about the risk of litigation, it is important to contact an experienced litigation defense attorney. They can help you to assess your situation, develop a defense strategy, and protect your business from the financial and reputational damage that can result from litigation.
- According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), 64,852 workplace discrimination charges were filed in the United States in 2022.
- The average cost of defending a workplace discrimination lawsuit is $100,000.
- The average cost of settling a workplace discrimination lawsuit is $40,000.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the most common reasons for job separation are voluntary resignation and layoff or job elimination. However, a significant percentage of employees are also terminated for cause, such as performance issues or misconduct.
- When an employee is terminated for cause, they may be eligible to file a wrongful termination lawsuit. The average cost of defending a wrongful termination lawsuit is $140,000.
- The average cost of settling a wrongful termination lawsuit is $70,000.
Litigation can be a costly and time-consuming process for businesses of all sizes. However, by working with an experienced litigation defense attorney, you can protect your business from legal threats and minimize the impact of any litigation that does occur.
Contact us today to learn more about how our litigation defense attorneys can help you to protect your business.